WITNESSES: THE NEED FOR REVELATION

(Continued)

Revelation makes us witnesses of the truth. It makes us                     " _accomplices_ " of Divine Facts. It                " _implicates_ " us, it involves us and we become attached for life. It then becomes difficult to betray the truth, because we have seen it and we have been seen by it.

My first recourse to Revelation lies in the fact that it back-tracks spiritual reality. I mean that the day of Revelation is the day we catch up with long-existing facts. It is not the day those things occur, rather it is the day we catch up with them.

The day I discover I am a sinner, what a day! But it is not the day I became a sinner. No! I became a sinner over six thousand years ago when Adam ate the apple. It is a divine fact. The divine verdict was this _" All have Sinned..."_ Romans 3:23. When Adam sinned, all sinned. Fair or not fair?

I was in him when he disobeyed, and so was affected by the corruption that resulted, for my life is traceable to Adam's. I derived it from him. His was the seed and mine is the fruit. The day that is revealed to my inner senses is the day i catch up with an ancient fact. My guilt makes it real. My heart sobs and everything is made real to me. But it is only a catch-up with a long-standing reality; a 6000-year-old-fact.

And on the day I go on my knees, having heard that Jesus died for me. On that day of Revelation, when I am made aware in my inner senses, it looks as though it is the very date for Christ's crucifixion. Everything is alive. Everything is real. But No! It is only the day of catch-up. The crucifixion happened two thousand years ago. It is a 2000-year-old-reality made good and real to me on the day of my salvation.

Oh the power of revelation!

If I cry, it is because it is replayed and I am catching it. It is brought back all from the scene, and I am "watching" it. I see my Saviour battered and crushed on an ugly cross, even pierced and cut. And I am made to see that it is all because of me. It is always a compelling sight! It is surely a day of encounter, but only the day of Revelation. I am taken back to Golgotha to experience the aged passion that brought Redemption and my Faith catches up with the Salvation that has been long-procured for me....

(Continues)

©Faith Oluwagbesan
June 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus Unveiled: Secrets From Moses' 40 Days by Joseph Prince

Conscious and Guidance

7 Steps for Judging Prophecy By Kenneth E. Hagin