YES, DON'T BE WEARY.


"Let us not be weary in well-doing...." Gal. 6:9

Are you telling me not to be weary in well-doing Paul? That if I do well for God, others and myself, I shouldn't refuse to lose steam? On what audacity do you say this? Do you realize that I have been serving for a long time now with little or no results? " _Yes, I can imagine!_ " Paul could say. It's on the audacity of Galatians 6:7, or he would have been unfair. 

If we well understand the facts of Galatians 6:7, Paul's charge in Galatians 6:9 automatically becomes a way to go. For DILLIGENCE is a proof of Faith. Oh, there are greater dimensions of Faith! DILLIGENCE is one of them. DILLIGENCE is a proof that I believe in the promise that a thing holds. I don't need to tell you that i believe in it. You'll see it as I keep coming back at it! It will be clear that i do!

I pray not only by my asking, I pray also by my acting. My prayers are justified by my attitudes. This is what we see in the parable of the Persistent Widow. It's in Luke 18. Jesus intentionally paints a worst-case scenario to stress the power of consistent persistence, or better still Dilligent Persistence, in getting Divine results. And to show that it is the correct attitude of Prayer.

Here's what the Wicked Judge says about the Persistent Widow:

“ 'I fear neither God nor man,’ he said to himself, ‘but this woman bothers me. I’m going to see that she gets justice, for she is wearing me out with her constant coming!’” Luke 18:4-5

And so it becomes THE PARABLE OF THE PERSISTENT WIDOW and not THE PARABLE OF THE WICKED JUDGE. A Persistent Widow will get something from even a Wicked Judge, the Lord means so. If I am not weary, my challenges will be wearied. DILLIGENCE is constant coming; continual coming (according to the Amplified Version). And it is Irresistible!!!

#AdaptedFromStewardshipOfService_
#StewardshipSeriesAtTheCWB

(C)Faith Oluwagbesan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus Unveiled: Secrets From Moses' 40 Days by Joseph Prince

Conscious and Guidance

7 Steps for Judging Prophecy By Kenneth E. Hagin